Many ask: “How can I stop translating in my head when I’m communicating in English?”
许多人问:“当我用英语交流时,我怎么能停止在脑子里先用母语翻译呢?”
The simple answer is: “Think like a native English speaker.”
简单的答案是:“像母语为英语的人一样思考。”

“Ha!” you respond. “Implementing this simple answer is not so simple.”

Translating directly from our native language to a second language that we are not fluent in is something all of us as language learners tend to do (myself included), particularly in the earlier stages of learning. It is, however, a practice best avoided.

“哈!”你回答。 “实现这个简单的答案并非如此简单。”

直接从我们的母语翻译成我们不流利的第二语言是我们所有人都喜欢的语言学习者(包括我自己),特别是在学习的早期阶段。 然而,这是最好避免的做法。

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, one-to-one correlations between languages – particularly when the languages belong to different groups – are the exception rather than the rule. So when we translate directly, we can easily end up not saying what we mean.
I’d like to offer a few tips to get you thinking in English. Thinking in this language won’t happen overnight, but, over time, little-by-little, you will find yourself formulating thoughts like a native English-speaker.
And one fine morning you’ll wake up and realize that you have become remarkably fluent in this extremely useful international language.
The basic idea is to put yourself in an English “bubble” – to immerse yourself in the language, as much as you can:

我确信你已经注意到,语言之间的一对一关联 - 特别是当语言属于不同的群体时 - 是例外而不是规则。 因此,当我们直接翻译时,我们很容易就不会说出我们原来的本意了。

我想提供一些提示,让你用英语思考。 用这种语言思考不会在一夜之间发生,但是,随着时间的推移,你会发现自己会像英语母语一样制定思想。

一个晴朗的早晨,你会醒来,并意识到你已经非常流利地使用这种非常有用的国际语言。

基本的想法是让自己陷入英语“泡沫” - 尽可能多地沉浸在语言中:

o When you look up a word you don’t know – don’t look for the equivalent word in your own language. Use an English dictionary. Looking up a word in a bilingual dictionary will mentally take you “out” of English; a monolingual dictionary will keep you “inside” it. And in the process, you might even learn more than just that one word you’re looking up.
    你查找一个你不知道的单词时 - 不要用你自己的语言寻找相应的单词。 使用英语词典。 在双语字典查单词又会在心里把你“OUT”的英语带回到你的“内心”。 在这个过程中,你甚至可以学到的不仅仅是你正在查找的那个单词。

o Put the settings on your phone and computer in English.
    你的手机和电脑的语言都设置成英语

o Talk to yourself – or to your pet – in English (preferably when no-one else is around). This is a great way to develop fluency. And you can practice grammar forms at the same time. “I wonder if there’s snow already at Bukovel.” “Why did she look at me that way?” “I haven’t a clue.”
    你自己 - 或者你的宠物 - 用英语交谈(最好是当周围没有其他人时)。 这是提高流利程度的好方法。 你可以同时练习语法形式。 “我想知道Bukovel是否已经下雪了。”“Why did she look at me that way?” “I haven’t a clue.”

o Listen to the radio – or even just have it playing in the background. Listen to podcasts on the way to school (I know many of you do this already). This will give you a sense of the cadence (rhythm) of English, and unconsciously you will start to imitate the way we express ourselves.
    听广播 - 甚至只是让它在后台播放。 在上学途中收听播客(我知道很多人已经这样做了)。 这将让你感受到英语的节奏(节奏),并且在不知不觉中你会开始模仿我们表达自己的方式。

o (A no-brainer.) Watch TV/movies in English. 
(这很简单。)英语观看电视/电影。

o While you are standing waiting for a school bus, or sitting outside the doctor’s office – look around and try to name or describe to yourself everything you see in English.
    你站在等待校车或坐在医院等待时 - 环顾四周,试着用自己的名字或描述你用英语看到的一切。

o When you listen to native English-speakers talk – for example, when the English is giving a presentation – play a little game and try to guess what they are going to say next. Obviously you won’t always get it right – but that isn’t the point.
    你听母语为英语的人说话时 - 例如,当外教正在做演示时 - 教一个小游戏,请尝试猜测他们接下来会说些什么。 显然你不会总是说正确 - 但这不是重点。

o If you play guitar/piano, or just sing, learn songs in English. Or if you are not a musician, but enjoy music, pay attention to the lyrics. This is great for learning phrases and slang. (But try not to puzzle too much over the grammar – or lack of it – in song lyrics.)
    果你弹吉他/钢琴,或只是唱歌,学习英文歌曲。 或者,如果你不是音乐家,但喜欢音乐,请注意歌词。 这非常适合学习短语和俚语。 (但是在歌词中尽量不要过多地拼写语法 - 或者说缺乏语法。)

o Consciously stop yourself from translating back into your native language (i.e. mentally ask your native language to kindly not interfere while you are engaging with this other language).
    意识地阻止自己翻译成您的母语(即,当您使用其他语言时,请在心理上要求您的母语不要干涉)。

o In conversation with native-speakers, try to re-use the phrases that you hear them use. You can repeat their questions, for confirmation, for example.
    与母语人士交谈时,请尝试重复使用您听到的短语。 例如,您可以重复他们的问题,以进行确认。

o Read. Read the news in English. Surf websites that are in English. Read books – and not just school books, read fiction too. Fiction will deepen your feel for the language.
    。 阅读英文新闻。 浏览英文网站。 阅读书籍 - 而不仅仅是学校课本,也读小说。 小说会加深你对语言的感受。

o Maximize your interaction with native English-speakers.
    大化您与母语为英语的人的互动。

o And, lastly, be proud of your progress in the language so far. Say to that face in the mirror: “My English is getting better all the time.” 
    后,为您迄今为止在语言方面的进步感到自豪。 对镜子里的自己说:“我的英语一直在变好。”