MindMaps are one of my favorite tools for helping students learn new vocabulary.

思维导图是我最喜欢的帮助学生学习新词汇的工具之一。

I also frequently use MindMaps to think creatively for other projects that I'm working on. MindMaps help us to learn visually.

我还经常使用MindMaps创造性地思考我正在研究的其他项目。 MindMaps帮助我们在视觉上学习。

Create a MindMap  创建思维导图

Screen Shot 2019 04 14 at 02.42.24Creating a MindMap can take some time. 
创建思维导图可能需要一些时间。

However, it doesn't need to be complicated.

但是,它不需要复杂。

A MindMap can be simple:

维导图可以很简单:

Take a piece of paper and group vocabulary by theme, for example, school.

拿一张纸和按主题分组词汇,例如学校。

• Who are the people at school? 学校里的人是谁?

• What kind of objects are in the classroom? 教室里有什么样的物品?

• What are the different types of classes? 什么是不同类型的课程?

• Which jobs do the people at school have? 学校里的人有哪些工作?

• Which different types of students are there? 有哪些不同类型的学生?

Once you have created a MinMap you can expand. For example, from the above example with school, I could create a whole new area for the vocabulary used in each subject.

创建MindMap后,您可以展开。 例如,从上面的学校示例中,我可以为每个主题中使用的词汇创建一个全新的区域。

MindMaps for Important Combinations  思维导图组合

Another way to use a MindMap for vocabulary is to focus on grammar constructions when creating your MindMap. 

将思维导图用于词汇表的另一种方法是在创建思维导图时专注于语法结构。

Let's take a look at verb combinations. I could arrange a MindMap using these categories:
我们来看看动词组合。 我可以使用以下类别安排思维导图:

• Verbs + Gerund (ing form - doing)

• Verbs + Infinitive (to do)

• Verbs + Pronoun + Base Form (do)

• Verbs + Pronouns + Infinitive (to do) 

Screen Shot 2019 04 14 at 02.42.41

MindMaps for Collocations  思维导图搭配

Another vocabulary activity that MindMaps can really help with is learning collocations. Collocations are words that are commonly used together.

思维导图可以真正帮助的另一个词汇活动是学习搭配。 搭配是通常一起使用的词。

For example, take the word "information". "Information" is a very general term, and we have all sorts of specific types of information. "Information" is also a noun.

例如,取“信息”一词。 “信息”是一个非常通用的术语,我们有各种特定类型的信息。 “信息”也是名词。

When working on collocations with nouns there are three main areas of vocabulary to learn: adjectives/verb + noun/noun + verb. Here are the categories for our MindMap:

在与名词搭配时,有三个主要的词汇学习领域:形容词/动词+名词/名词+动词。 以下是我们思维导图的类别:

• Adjective + Information 形容词 + 信息

• Information + Noun 信息 + 名词

• Verb + Information 动词 + 信息

• Information + Verb 信息 + 动词

Screen Shot 2019 04 14 at 02.43.48 

You can expand this MindMap on "information" further by exploring specific collocations with "information" used in specific professions.

你可以在“信息”进一步探索在特定行业使用的“信息”的具体搭配扩大这个思维导图

The next you start focusing on vocabulary, try to start using a MindMap. Start off on a piece of paper and become used to organizing your vocabulary in this manner.

接下来你开始关注词汇,尝试开始使用思维导图。 从一张纸上开始,习惯于以这种方式组织你的词汇。

Print off a MindMap and show it to some other students. I'm sure they'll be impressed. Perhaps, your grades will start improving as well.

打印思维导图并将其展示给其他同学。 我相信他们会留下深刻的印象。

In any case, using MindMaps will certainly make learning new vocabulary in English much easier than just writing down words on a list!

也许,你的成绩也将开始提高。 无论如何,使用思维导图肯定会比在列表中写下单词更容易学习英语新词汇!